Hunting/shooting Alone is one of life's Great Pleasures to me, and possibly others.....I am not a good participant in LARGE dove shoots.......Tomorrow morning will find me and young Nic (step son that blessedly came into my life) will try them on.....he will be putting his year old English Cocker gyp on her first live bird outing...... I am sending them to a field alone for multiple reasons, but mostly to let him make some memories of their own. I will let the Bird dogs out for their morning exercise, and then sneak out the oldest girl by herself and sit behind the barn and pass shoot some for her to mouth and half ass retrieve, a ritual she and I have shared for 13 openers..... realizing this is probably her last ( although she is remarkably good shape, and I feel she will make some appearances in the Quail fields later in the season) opener on Doves. I will try to match her standards and put a few down in spots that make for easy retrieves......
Best of Luck to all who are going out, and condolences to Mr. Hillis for having to wait until SATURDAY.......Politics in Georgia are Hell on you boys in so many ways.
As regards the OP here, I hope you can find a Dove Shooting opportunity that you feel is worth the cost..... give it a shot..... any chance to give them a try is worth the price$