Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Bob, I can understand why missing your friends have changed your outlook, and your drive to hunt. But, for me it is a bit different. Not better, or superior, but different. I love shooting doves so much that I have often, and will many times in the future (hopefully), shoot doves all by myself. I have spoken with others via these forums that do the same. It's different, but it's great in a different way. No one is in my way, there is no need not to shoot at a low bird. There is a challenge there, to decoy doves to one specific location in the middle of a huge field. It's more a game of wits than when there's other guys helping.

I wish you all the best in whatever your future is, but, I urge you to not give in to sentimentality, but to figure ways to enjoy the fields and streams with the less than 100% mobility you may have. I wish I could help in person, but possibly the only help I can give is to remind you of Churchill's commencement address when he said to the graduating class "Never give up. Never, never, never, never give up".

Best to you, Bob. First dove Saturday is for you.

My life long hunting partner was my older brother. He’s had some heath problems over the last 10 years that have severely limited his mobility. I’m now 63. My solution was to find some younger hunting partners. I find it a very enjoyable way to go.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia