Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
I got this TSS info straight from Apex ammo....

"A TSS #9 pellet weighs 1.2 grains. #9's are the perfect TSS pellet size. More energy than lead 4's and equal energy to hevi shot 5's."

When I mentioned that according to one of my handloading manuals a lead #7 shot weighs 1.50 grains and lead #4 pellet weighs 3.30 grains they went into a density tail spin....

I'm still waiting on someone to explain to me how a lighter pellet leaving the muzzle at the same velocity could have more energy than a heavier pellet....when I questioned them on that they wanted to claim the #9 was more aerodynamic.

Only thing harder than TSS is the peoples head that fell for it.

jOe, one of these days you are going to try TSS and kill a couple of gobblers you know you couldn't have with lead shot. Until you see it for yourself I know you will never believe it, but there are a number of advantages to TSS, including the ability to shoot lightweight guns, reduced recoil, and the effectiveness of the ammunition. Besides that, you will never know the feeling of unlimited wealth one gets when he knows that every shot costs him $7.50 and he has to sight in his shotgun using that expensive ammo...Geo