Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I've been fitted, and have the measurements from that session. They turned out to be extremely close to what I had already determined I needed, by shooting at a plate and making dimensional adjustments myself. That said, the only thing knowing my measurements are useful for is when looking at guns online, or ordering a gun. I can usually know, within a range, if a gun is unsuitable for me by examining the dims on it. But, nothing can take the place of shouldering the gun a few times. I can mount a gun and know immediately if I will be able to shoot it reasonably well. Years of shooting different guns is worth a lot.

"not all my sxs are the same measurements, but pretty close at the face, which is usually about 3" back from the comb but could be different for you."

I agree.

My preference is to only have sxs that shoot to the same POI (or very close to it) so that I don't need to make any adjustments when I go from one shotgun to another one. I'll shoot a new purchase at targets and at a pattern sheet at 16 yards. If I feel it's needed, I will have the stock bent.

Last edited by rtw; 08/05/21 01:29 PM.