Originally Posted by Daryl Hallquist
Bill, did you do the work. It's really a pretty truck. A few years ago I found a 1963 Studebaker Avanti that is a survivor with all original exterior and interior. No air conditioning, so don't drive it much, but I wanted one ever since , in 1963 , a salesman took me and a friend on a test drive. The salesman was driving on one of those hilly , bumpy Iowa roads and I saw the speedometer get to 130 mph. I wanted out. The speedometer went to 160 mph, but thankfully the driver didn't try for that.
I didn't do a thing to it Daryl. That's just the way I bought it in the summer of 1995.

Xerox, my employer sent me and another guy out to El Segundo CA to visit a supplier. I seen it out there and it was for sale. I bought it as a retirement gift for me and had it shipped home here in upstate NY.

I never did a thing to it except drive it and added gas and oil. Had it 16 years and sold it ($10K) for twice what I paid ($5K) for it.

So Daryl, you still have your Avanti? Good for you. I worked with a guy who had a super clean one, drove it and kept it that way. Not many of those around.

I miss my truck!