Good idea, Buzz.

Fresh mushrooms
Bell peppers
Doves
Salt
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Wine

Sautee' the sliced 'shrooms and peppers (add onions if you care for them) in olive oil until done, then remove them temporarily. Simmer the salted and peppered doves in the remaining olive oil and veggie drippings until rare inside (they won't be totally browned outside). Add back the veggies, add some Worcestershire sauce to taste. I like a good bit. Add 1/2 cup of wine, cover, and simmer for about 5 more minutes. Serve over rice.

This is a recipe my wife came up with many years ago for her loving husband. She couldn't run me off, now.

One thing I've learned to do that makes grilled dove breasts better is to precook the bacon which you use to wrap the breasts, in the microwave, until half done, but still pliable. Then, wrap it on the breasts before grilling. This way the bacon can finish cooking completely on the doves without overcooking the breast meat. I also like to marinate the doves in a citrus salad dressing overnight, before grilling them. Hard to find it, but one company sells an orange based salad dressing that works well.

I've a close dove shooting buddy that cooks us a huge pot of doves in brown gravy once a year. He slow cooks them all afternoon in the gravy, then we have them for supper with grits, homemade biscuits and sides. Wonderful, but I have not a clue how to start cooking them that way.

May God bless America and those who defend her.