I recently purchased a, to me, very interesting gun. I was very pleased that the gun was much nicer in the hand than the pictures and is a side plated box lock completely cover with rose and scroll engraving.

Since the proof marks are Belgian I can only assume that it was made there, not in France. My biggest surprise was the internal finish on the inside of the gun. I've had quite a number of Lindner gun apart so I'm used to the high polish of the internal parts but I've never seen this polish before. I've seen G & H rifles before with bolts finished with what a friend of mine calls "worm tracks" but I've never seen a shotgun with all the internal parts finished in a similar way. It appears that the parts were all finished with this pattern then over polished. You can see it but you can't feel it.

Anyway here is a photo of the bottom of the action showing the pattern. The question has anyone seen this type of work before? I guessing that it must have taken a lot of time to do this work.
https://imgur.com/RuHrzHr

Doug Mann