I would seem that nothing in this world is very simple anymore. The tendrils of administrative control have crept into just about every aspect of our lives. This thread certainly wasn't started to bash farmers or anyone else but it has exposed the level of difficulty everybody now seems to face in order to farm or even hunt (or just about any other pursuit, frivolous or otherwise). Purely by accident, we've been watching "Clarkson's Farm" on Amazon lately. Car guy Jeremy Clarkson (late of Top Gear fame on the BBC) has a new series on him running a farm in the Cotswolds' section of Great Briton. The show is largely focused on his famously-irreverent approach to life being a humorous complication to the very serious business of running a large farm. The lesson for me, however, was how egregiously controlled every aspect of his farm is by local and then even national government entities. I was hoping that in the US of A that isn't the case but from what I'm gathering here... is that simply isn't correct. One thing that is very clear (at least to me) is that the margins in farming there (as in here as well, I suspect) are usually very thin, and balanced against all of the inherent risks that come with any farming or ranching enterprise...I'm surprised that so many still do it. Thank God that they do IMHO.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/14/21 08:35 PM.