Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I'm reminded of a line by Jack Nicholson in a movie .................. "What if this is as good as it gets?"

But, to Dustin's question, I don't believe the smaller loading companies are facing the exact same situation individuals are. Old customers, including RST, who buy volume, will be looked after way before individuals will be. I see an example of this at my local sporting clays, skeet and trap range. They've been a regular, volume customer for many years. Their supplier has been able to keep them supplied with shells, for their customers to use to shoot at the range, throughout this fiasco. At the same time, none of the retailers have had any shells on their shelves.

If RST isn’t facing the same issues as individuals…..why aren’t they producing any product whatsoever? They can’t buy in volume if the volume just flat out isn’t there, they can’t sell a product and make money if they aren’t producing anything to sell, correct? Their absence from any shooting venues this spring/summer and their website not having anything available is very telling, to me anyways.

I can see the big, major ammunition companies having warehouses full of components to still able manufacture shells, on a limited basis during these lean times and being able to get product out to a few distributors. Again, this thread really isn’t about them.

At Bob Cash…the small specialty shell business concerns, if they aren’t making money, by not selling their products…and they are still paying bills (rent, bank loans, salaries, supplies, utilities, etc), how long do you think their reserves will last before it gets critical and chances of recovery start to dwindle? I guess I have it in my head that businesses of this type aren’t exactly massive profit making ventures and the owners aren’t driving Mercedes G wagons and living in gated communities, or have business accounts overflowing with reserves. I very well could be mistaken though!

Thanks for the discussion and thoughts everyone. It’s really an interesting topic for me. Appreciate it.