Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by LeFusil
I guess I don’t see them making enough profit just selling what they have to keep the lights on & doors open when they hardly have any inventory or component supplies to speak of.
I still haven’t seen any signs of the component crisis easing up. Have you?

I have, especially with powder. It is a much better situation than it was a couple of months ago, but still not nearly the selection of a year ago.

Similar situation for metallic cartridges, selection is poor but improving.

I think you are correct in that some small manufacturers will not make it through the supply chain disruption.

I have been stocking up on hard to find components, dies etc because I think it will be a while before things stabilize, with some items not to be offered again.

I 100% reload strictly shotgun, Steve. I don’t see much powder being available for that. I occasionally see some Alliant powders being available, but most of the Hodgdon shotgun powders are practically non existent. Maybe I’m not looking in all the nooks & crannies though.
209 primers? Even a couple years ago those were pretty spotty. Almost non-existent today. Occasionally see some Cheddites for sale. Not very often though.
Even wads are starting to get hard to find. Especially 16 gauge stuff.
I agree that I do see much more metallic selections on the store shelves and prices seem to be coming down.
Now…..try finding good hunting loads for shotguns, especially 16 gauge. Not much out there. Steel? Not much out there either. My only hope with that is, and this is purely selfish, but with shotgun shells being sparse, especially waterfowl loads, maybe it’ll keep the damn crowds down to a reasonable number.

What happens when these “PPP” loans run out and the supply chain still isn’t where it needs to be? That’s probably gonna turn out bad for the reloading specialty and boutique shot shell businesses.