Staying a little on topic with this... The only family members I had that hunted where my grandfather from my mom's side. On my dad's side it was his grandfather and all his family from his moms side but he never hunted a thing. All were dead and gone by the time I was old enough to handle a gun, so no family hunting experience for me to get me into it when I was younger. I got lucky in my late 20's and a fellow I used to work with offered to take me bird hunting over his dogs after we became friends and fished for a season. Man that was fun, so I took it up and started collecting doubles and figuring out how to upland hunt. FWIW, my politics were already well established at the time, so it is possible to overcome all this divisive BS with a man's instinct to be outdoors and just be a man. That friend now lives a days drive away, and still sees the world very differently from me, but we still shoot the sh!t often and drop everything to get together and hunt and fish when we can. Can happen to anybody Lloyd. Nice job on adding the boat to the rental. That must made additional fun for you guys.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum