Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I have found nothing in shotgunning that tops the thrill and satisfaction of executing a planned double on incoming doves, when you kill the first one with the tight barrel so far out there that you can kill the second with the more open barrel and both hit the ground in front of you. Until you've done that it is hard to explain how far out the first one must be when you hit the rear trigger. Neither have I found, for that matter, many things that I enjoy on the table more than well prepared dove.

Only thing that can top that thrill Stan is running down the river with my Grand pappy in his race boat shooting doves as they rose from the sand bars....nothing like turning round the bend boat almost touching the shore at 100 mph and shooting two doves with my .410 without letting off the throttle. (sometimes we were going so fast we ground swatted them before they could get off the ground).

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Neither have I found, for that matter, many things that I enjoy on the table more than well prepared dove.

After a few cold beers there's nothing thing like doves wrapped in bacon on a grill....eat the bacon throw the dove away.