One of the reasons I looked at Honda first, besides the name, was the transmission. Turns out the CVT and belts issue is really not an issue for most people in real life. If you are sensible in how you use it anyways. Water entry is usually through breather or vent tubes. First thing I do on all my trucks is put a breather extension on the diffs.

Polaris makes a special edition for waterfowl hunters the Hi Lifter. Many waterfowl guides use them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

You can get extensions for the CVT air intake snorkels if you think you are going really deep

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

I downloaded the service manual for the Hi Lifter and extended my vent lines to the same locations as the Hi Lifter. No need for snorkels if I keep my head on my shoulders, when I was younger much younger with my FJ55 Iron pig it was more like hold my beer and watch this. Now not so much. While I carry more than a 100 pounds of recovery gear including a chainsaw my goal in life now is to NOT need to use any of it laugh

Here beaver dams or is that damn beavers? cause a lot of water crossing issues. I get the Toller out and throw a stick for him to check the water deepness if I have any doubts.

Dog is starting to think he is part beaver by now.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Swimming hard and did pretty much the whole way out. With a fairly strong current in the middle.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Hard pass on that one there are other places to hunt. And the BWCA Wilderness starts just on the other side of the rise anyhow.