I have the Kawasaki mule for the past 4 years, it’s maintenance free and does what we ask of it. However, if your of off the beaten path in rough conditions, it will beat you to death and you’ll need to lock the differential in 99% of the time if it’s muddy and a little steep. Or your not going anywhere. The mules top speed is around 25mph if that matters. It is a workhorse in terms of towing and hauling.

This past Turkey season while hunting in KY, the lodge I stayed had a Polaris 1000 North Star that I used to get in and out of during that rain / snow storm that put about 2 inches or so of snow on the ground. I was impressed with the machine, ride 100 times better than the mule, the heater, defroster was great. It got us back in the back 40 where my Avalanche would of failed us. I drove in opened the gate, and drove about a mile on a gravel red clay road sideways in the Avalanche before I turned around and picked up the Polaris just past the gate.

My hunting buddy in NY had a Polaris but traded it in on a Honda sxs. With all the bells on it plus the triangle tank like treads for it. Help in deep snow. While up there this Turkey season he was talking about giving it to his son for his business and getting a new Polaris 1000.

Try them all, as none of them are cheap. And a couple grand one way or the is not a hill to on. Each machine has its pros an cons.

Rich