Re. barrel shipping tube.

A few years ago I decided to use Briley for choke alteration on a set of Perazzi DC12 bbls so I made up a "bomb proof" shipping container out of schedule 80 PVC pipe, padded the interior & end caps w/ foam & sourced the proper size heavy weight cardboard box to ship the PVC barrel carrier in. In the end I had about $30.00 in the shipping container + my time in sourcing the materials & putting it together. Figured I was going to have it for future use so I might as well do it right.

In my instructions to Briley I asked that the barrels be returned in my shipping container & put my name & address on the PVC bbl carrier in addition to the outside cardboard shipping sleeve.

Sure enough, a week later my bbls come back in the standard flimsy cardboard box that Briley uses w/o much of any protection from being crushed. Thankfully, they were undamaged (except for the scuffing up of the soldered keel between the bbls that Briley seems to do all too often when opening chokes or installing choke tubes).

After thinking about it for several days I called & asked them to send my PVC bbl carrier back & after a few weeks I received someone else's PVC bbl carrier but this one was flimsy thin wall (schedule 20?) PVC.

At this point I was so disgusted I just gave up & I guess my point is that in shipping stuff around it doesn't always go as smoothly as one would hope.