Ivanhoe is groing through 50 years of UK gun auction catalogs he's kept...over a thousand, looking for Reilly's for my comprehensive Reilly SN database and for interesting pin-fires. One of the Reilly's he forwarded from a 1974 catalog turned out to be SN 35423, one of Cyril Adams' pigeon guns and now well known over here. Here are his comments - truly a lost golden age in gun sales:

"I'm now in 1976 Weller & Dufty catalogues, and it's a revelation! I'd not looked at this era for 40 years! The huge volume of stuff going through every 5 weeks, was awesome! The number of lots over the two day sales was around 1300.....putting the "high-class" London salerooms to shame. From 1974 to where I am at the moment, sees very large numbers of "Best" British double rifles, as well as shotguns! It's slowing me down, as I feel compelled to read through all the descriptions, as avidly as I did 45 years ago! The two catalogers really knew their stuff, and it's fairly obvious where some of the London based "experts" got their ideas from!"

edit: Sorry I missed this line where Ivanhoe contributed:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...at&Number=595178&nt=2&page=1

Last edited by Argo44; 06/26/21 04:11 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch