I left MD 20 years ago for work and wife's new job. Intended to move back when I retired or sooner. No longer. Just sold my last of three farms. I loved MD but it is a one party state dominated by the population of the Baltimore Washington corridor. Both sides of the state are conservative by and large but their lack of numbers means they get dragged down by sheer numbers. Good roads, decent services, high taxes and very intrusive government just do not work well for me. If you must live there try to locate on either the Eastern Shore or Western MD. Delaware seems to be over run with people leaving New Jersey. Western Virginia is suffering from a influx of people moving from the DC suburbs. So no place is safe from those from outside moving there and trying to reshape their new homes into the crap spaces they just left. Just how bad is MD you wonder. A retired MD governor moved to Delaware when he was term limited out. I knew a couple of his new neighbors who complained that he wanted to change everything like to what he came from and he was till in charge. He was not and they did not.