Originally Posted by PALUNC
Ordered my Rangers today from Deep River. Now I got the vermillion lens, what would be a great second lens?

HD Medium. And then Clear.

HD Medium is the most commonly sold lenses according to Wayne at Morgan Optical. And he knows what he is talking about.

Mentioned not long ago that I agree with a person on here pretty much all of the time. This not so much, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Randolph lenses. If you think there is distortion it is in your mind. Although maximum transmission is the correct answer so he is not too far off the mark. But Bronze? No. Rifle yes, then again that depends on kill conditions.

My grandfather gave me his slide rule when I went to Alfred for Ceramic Engineering. He was one of the Engineers on the casting of the Ca. Palamor lens that Corning did. Both of them. Been balancing empirical equations since 7th grade. Didn't have a chemistry set had a full chemistry lab with a 1000 ml. distillation flask and worm tube condenser by 7th grade. Which somehow managed to make C2H5OH more than distilled water by the 9th grade.

HD Medium Ranger, Then clear. Anti fog and reflective coatings bug spray (Deet) will kill in a heartbeat and smear. On any lens. So be careful what you order. And use.

There is no distortion with the Rangers. Anyone that says otherwise is trying to justify the expenditure for something they think is better. But is not. Actually for a small subset of shooters under the age of 50 they may be. But hard to empirically justify, and where the money counts does not.

I am prone to purchase Serengeti glasses made by Corning Glass Works. Before they sold them off and Corning Glass Works became Corning Inc. Will take their fiber patch panels all day long now and do for networking.

Just buy the Ranger HD Medium lenses you will not regret it. More than likely you will end up preferring them to the Vermillion lenses. But clear always pretty much wins too. Just saying, keep it simple. And clear.

Can't buy an extra target no matter how much you spend. But there is a heck of a market out there for those that think you can.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 06/12/21 02:37 AM.