bavarianbrit,
I load for my 5.6x50R using Hornady dies and a 38 special shell holder( if rimless it would be 222/223 shell holder). They are regular production dies but I don't know the cost now since they were given to me after doing a favor for a friend. I suspect you can load 5.6x50R using .223 dies, but it would require "re-setting" the dies each time you do it. Fortunately, If the " locking rings" on the .223 dies are locked down and you are careful, you may not need to change them. Based on my experience with other calibers, I believe the following procedure will result in useable ammo. First take a lubricated case that was fired in your friend's rifle and smoke the neck/shoulder area with a lighter/candle/ matches. Screw the sizing die into the press a little at a time until it sizes the fired case and just "kisses" the shoulder( You can do this every time, or you might make a gage block of such thickness that placing it between the press and locking ring of the die results in the correct setting every time). You might make a manual depriming punch to avoid resetting the normal depriming punch every time you load 5.6( I find a manual punch very "handy" anyway. Note: the flash hole in some 5.6x50R cases may be smaller than normal for small rifle primers). After priming and charging the cases normally, you would set the seating die so the crimping shoulder just touches the case mouth( by feel) seat the bullets to the desired depth and if necessary to crimp, reset the die and crimp them all in another operation. I haven't found it necessary to crimp the bullets. If I confused anything, let me know and I will try to correct it.
Mike

Oskar,
I think the Hornady seating dies are great. The Nosler 60 grain partition bullet is great in the 5.6x50R, but I know you mostly hunt coyotes rather than deer.
Mike

Last edited by Der Ami; 06/08/21 09:54 AM.