.410 loads have been selling on GunBroker for $30.00 a box for a while. Just not to me. Have not checked lately so maybe stupid prices are coming down into the outrageous range. It will be a couple years until stuff comes back a bit to normal.

Bobby, as a youth I shot a lot of 28 gauge Winchester paper shells. I loved those paper shells. First case came in a wooden crate but the others all came in cardboard boxes. Use to buy them at WesternAuto store in town. Funny thing is that they almost always just happened to have a case I wanted on hand when I had earned enough money to buy them. Took me years to figure out my father would go into the store and order them shortly before I had enough money to buy them. He took good care of my shooting needs like everything else he did. Quietly and without fanfare.

Back in those days I most likely had the only 28 gauge in our county. Many Skeet shooters shot 3” .410 for the 28 gauge event because they did not have a true 28. Small bore events were 50 target events at small clubs. Nearest Skeet club was 30 miles away and I never knew about it until I was in college. I would have loved to shoot Skeet as a kid when I had sharp eyes, reflexes like a cat and a Winchester Model 12 in 28 Skeet. Today I still have the gun but eyes are proper age, reflexes are so-so and now I shoot with my friend arthritis every round.