I left my set of Pillas, with several lense colors, in somebody's shooting cart several years ago at a big three day shoot. I was sick. My shooting buddy handed me a black, zip-up case and said "Here, someone left these on mine". They were Randolphs. I shot three or four stations with them, and was missing birds I didn't normally miss. I realized there was terrible distortion in the lenses. I tried another color and got the same thing. I handed them back to my buddy and said, "No, thanks".

I called Phillip Pilla and asked him if he still had any aviator frames, like he had in the old HyDefSpecs. He said he stopped selling them but that he was sure he had a few pairs left in stock. He asked what color I wanted and I replied that I wanted the brown/bronze color with the orange enhancing coating. He asked what light transmission level (%) I wanted. I said I wanted the highest light transmission tint available. A few days later I had them. I guard them with my life. I hate wraparound styles as they make me sweat behind them. No air movement. Aviators are the deal for me.

May God bless America and those who defend her.