I don’t know anyone who hunts with a Parker. Well, I did know one guy, but he died like 40 years ago.

I think I qualified it very well when I noted that a guy may never see a broken version of an integral tumbler/striker, but, it happens, and the OP seemed to be looking for points about reliability versus the Francottes he was somewhat familiar with. Should we acknowledge what we have seen when a guy asks specific questions on reliability about a particular gun, or, talk about Parker’s?

I’ve seen three broken English boxlock guns with that mechanism, two 700s and a Westley. Anecdotally, a few more from folk who had them fixed. Both of the Webley guns broke on opening day of pheasant season, finished the trip as single shots, and were “hors de combat” for the rest of the season. Neither repair was speedy, or cheap.

Yea, it happens.

If you discover you have a problem with a disc set striker on a hunting trip, that is really on you, isn’t it? Kinda like finding out your spare tire is flat, on a trip to Mexico.

Best,
Ted