I spent about 40 days this winter and spring working on a bird habitat project, clearing brush and trees. 4 hours a day, chain saw in hand the whole time, making sure the 20 yo helping me knew he wasn’t going to outwork me. I’m 62.

I retired from my career 5 years ago. After over 30 years I’d had enough of airports, hotels, restaurants and my partners. But it sure wasn’t time to sit around. I’ve been more physically active in the last 5 years than in the previous 30. Hard physical labour, skiing when Covid isn’t getting in the way, picking up tennis again after a 30 year hiatus. Recovery takes longer.....I’m not as strong as I was in my 20’s......clearly I’ve aged. But the way to stave off the years is to keep the body moving.

Also, hang out with people substantially younger! They don’t want to hear about your aches and pains......they want to go do something. Doesn’t matter if it’s kids, grandkids or friends. It helps keep the mind young.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia