Well, you guys know guns better than I do. But here's my feeling on pistol vs. Bear. Nothing you can carry and fire by hand, except maybe a cut down M-79, is going to stop a Brown Bear, Polar Bear, or Grizzly simply by the lbs ft shock of the bullet itself. It would have to be well placed to have a chance of salvation. Some of you all are extremely well-trained and disciplined. But most people simply don't practice enough with their pistols. (which includes drawing from a holster and shooting).

So, why not carry something with which you can run off 10 shots in a second, combined with the above mentioned Alaskan made 147 grain penetrator round?

Ky that was a damned good shot under extreme pressure. Could you do it with a pistol under same pressure? - I'd take the 10 controllable rounds and do some research on where to place them. This is just me and knowing son and his interests.

He's here this weekend...think we'll go out and shoot my Glocks... haven't done that for awhile but I'm good - been through 8 qualifications and re-quals - maybe 500 rounds in each, drawing, shooting, tap-rack, clear malfunction, reload, get out of cars, shoot behind barriers, target identification under pressure, etc. so. yeah I'm good, right?..(oh wait, last time I drew and fired practicing a combat situation was...what? omg it was 4 years ago!!)

Last edited by Argo44; 05/20/21 11:28 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch