I am personal friends with a lady from Alaska that hunts and guides other hunters in the bush. She kills bears with pistols, intentionally. Her name is Brenda Crim. She stated that all her bears (five at that time.... four grizzlies, one black) had been killed at twenty yards or less. I asked her if that had been intentional. She said she stalks to within that distance before shooting. I asked her why and she said because it is imperative to put the bullet in exactly the right spot. She has three pistols .......... her first was a .44 magnum. Her second was a .454 Casull. Her latest is a .500 S & W. Brenda is 62, a pretty, petite lady that you would never expect to do this, upon meeting her. She has a bush plane drop her off, alone, in the wilderness and return for her some week to ten days later.

My wife asked Brenda if she ever got scared of being killed by one of those grizzlies. She just smiled and said "Honey, it's Brenda 5, bears 0. If the bears score one point, I'll be telling the story of my demise in heaven. At least I'll have an interesting story to tell, and not that I died flat on my back in some nursing home."

Brenda is the real deal, and a fascinating person to talk with. http://www.akmissions.com

IDK, but if a little lady like Brenda can learn to handle the recoil of a .500 S & W most any motivated man could too.

May God bless America and those who defend her.