Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
I have a boat cushion just like that one I use to shoot across the hood of my car...Geo
Hello Geo. Mewbern,
Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by Der Ami
Good show- I'm glad to see you can still shoot heavy recoiling rifles, standing. If I do that, I can't keep my balance and will fall ( I don't have a third hand for the walking stick). I had to give up shooting even the 404 Jeffery because of a plate in my neck and weird things recoil was doing. I found out I can do pretty well sitting, if I make the rest high enough to make me sit straight up, so my body rotates back with the recoil similar to standing. I found out it is faster to recover for the second shot if you don't have get up off the ground first. Mike
Hello Der Ami,
Thanks for the reply.

I can still take the recoil, but iseems to get more as I get older. My 700 NE is a 2-step gun. You need to have room to take 2-steps back when absorbing the recoil. My 600 NE is a 1-1/2-step gun. As is also my A-Square 577 T-Rex and Ruger 600 JDJ. I've got a couple of 1-step guns also ... 500 NE & 475s & 470s & 458's, etc. ... anything below that I can keep my feet in place .. ie, 416s & 378s, & 375s.