Progress has been a bit slow the last couple weeks but I thought I would show some pics of things I have been working on:
I have been focusing on the express sights and the front sight. Lets first mention the express sights. I want to thank SKB for his comments back in his Oct 9th posting where he commented about using a 120 degree drill/mill cutter and a fixture to cut his notches in the sight blades. I took his idea and the following are pics of my notch cutting fixture and cutter:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have also been working on the front which will have have an interchangeable blade insert and a fold down hood. Progress has been slow as I am waiting delivery of a small 75 degree dovetail cutter which is for the sight insert.
First to make sure I calculated the front sight height I modeled it in CAD and then 3D printed it. Here is a picture
And here is the sight having been bored to fit the barrel waiting final machining
I also have made the hood and here are a few pics of it being formed, then a filing fixture to file in its bottom shape:

Last edited by LRF; 05/01/21 07:22 PM.