Drew, many thanks for the reply. The proof house History book wasn't clear on what it meant and I just typed Verbatim. I think K Y Jon may have the best answer. I'm sure the Proof House would clarify if contacted. The 1960 proof house booklet in addition also mentions that the Proof House initially wanted the component parts submitted for examination prior to sleeving. Quite a bit is covered and too long for my typing speed! It also covers The repair of Gun Barrels by Welding, The Repair of Gun Barrels by the Sleeving Method and Chroming of the Bores of Shotgun Barrels. All bits may be of interest to you and I would be happy to photocopy and post on to you if you wish to send me a Personal Message. The first Proof House book that I quoted on is quite a large and comprehensive book and was privately published by the Author who was then Curator of the Proof House museum and the Historian. Only 50 copies were printed and I was lucky to get one as he is known to me. Most I think went to people in the Trade. It was published in 2015 by www.flaydemouse.com Mine is number 37 of 50. He has none left. A large format book of 328 pages and a fascinating insight into the workings of the Proof House. If you can be lucky enough source a copy it would prove to be a valuable investment. He had just five left when I got mine at £50 a piece and I sometimes regret not buying the remainders at the time and just sit on them for a few years. His ( C.W. Harding's) first book was on Eley cartridges and sold for around £25 in 2006; copies now are fetching well over £400! Lagopus…..