Put me down as a member of the COSTCO club. I told myself my hearing loss was a sign of a life lived (albeit neglectful) and got over the stigma. People can't even see them unless I tell them. I realized I needed them one Thanksgiving dinner a few years back. I was at the table with the whole family, there were 3 different conversations going on at once and I felt alone. Anyone who's thinking about it probably needs them.

I believe what Woodreaux's referring to are 3M/Peltor TEP 100. I've been using them for 5-6 years now and they're quite good and reasonably priced. They were designed for tactical situations but are great for hunting.

They are active plugs that shut down at the gun report, they have normal and amplified hearing setting, handy for deer hunting.

The TEP 100's I have are the basic model and I don't think I'd need anything better for hunting. MIne have the case that holds 3 AA cells that charge them, I get 6-8 hours from a charge.

They make a model that charges from a USB I think and then there's the model that let's users speak with each other covertly, handy in a tactical situation, not so much needed when hunting and you can just talk to the guy next to you.

I highly recommend them.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2017...al-electronic-ambient-listening-earplugs

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn