Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. A crossover stock is not for me. The .410 thing I get, but, that isn’t for me, either. I don’t need NO recoil, just have to be aware that my 6-6 1/2 lb 12s need to be fed sensible loads, and I should (and, do) practice with heavier guns. I’d get tired of watching roosters flush out at 30 or so yards, and not taking a shot with a .410.
Somebody up there commented on how most seem to shoot a single barrel gun better than a double of either sort, and as much as I hate it, that is true for me, as well. The A5s, an old M1 safety standard 12, wearing a 28” solid rib barrel, and a home brewed 1952 standard, wearing a stalker stock set, and a Hastings screw choke barrel, have been the only bright spots of late, but, it isn’t a consistent thing, just yet. With the Browning’s set for light loads, and a heavy barrel, the guns are kittens at the club, using garden variety trap loads. The barrel shuffling back and forth seems to level out the peak of the recoil. I would prefer to hunt with a double, but, I struggle with the new sight picture, again, it is alien to what I have done for 50 years. If I have to hunt with a single barrel gun, then, that is what I will do. There are worse things in life than using a 12 gauge A5 to hunt grouse and pheasants.

I shoot trap or skeet for a single reason, to get some practice for bird hunting with friends and family, over a dog. If I didn’t own a dog, I probably wouldn’t hunt, it is that important to me. I understand guys leave the field and often end up as regulars at their club, but, I’m not there yet. I do need to hire a good coach. I do need to practice.

It is warming up, and I’ll get some more time in at the range, less than a mile from my house, fortunately.

We shall see.

Best,
Ted