Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
One warning about later made Browning O/U(s). If they've had a lot of rounds through them they will soon need rebolting. I've seen way too many shooting with a rubber band around the wrist and top lever to help prevent it from partially opening on the first shot. And, I've known of many more than that that have been sent back to Browning for rebolting.

Flame away. Just reporting what I've seen over the last 20 years.

What are you doing making a statement like that?! Oh and don't forget the issue with the Browning lower firing pin for the last couple of decades. When do you suppose they will get that finally figured out? Been held up shooting in different venues by that and FTF than any all other guns. Combined.

Lloyd you couldn't have picked the worst time to wake and smell the coffee. Because of ammo and reloading components not being available. But don't give up, keep trying each and every gun you can. The TT-15 (it is not TT-115) turkish made Tristar, erh nicknamed the Bi-star on Trapshooters.com is not going to be the most reliable gun you can get. You don't have to get the best but you want something reliable. But more importantly something that fits you. Period. As mentioned the cost of the gun is nothing compared to the cost of ammo.

My youngest son 15 years ago was the Mn. ATA Class Runner Up at Alex with one of my B. Rizzini guns, we modified it for Trap. As mentioned the cost for registered ATA was ~$1 a round and is even more now. But you are shooting SC to have fun. Oh and welcome, about time laugh

Olaf does exist in real life. I have a picture of him.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Now that is a Duck Tower. At Horse and Hunt where they hold National SC shoots and FITASC. I shoot for fun and my friends do too. We are serious but having fun is the most important part of the game. And most of my friends shoot SxS guns.

In addition to hard core target guns. But we download payloads for the lighter SxS guns on clays. Right now going to be hard for you to do that. Next Saturday going to start off my SC year by shooting with a friend that is coming down from Silver Bay, Mn. for his brothers funeral and shoot at Caribou. We will be shooting SxS guns. After buying the buggy for SC didn't leave much left over for SxS target guns and that is my lowly Winchester 23, but have been adding to the collection. REALLY fond of the Dickinson Sporting guns, which are made in Turkey by AKUS and have one each in 12 and 20.

They work well. For me.

Take your time. Shoot every gun you can get your hands on. But most importantly have fun. Good luck, and take your time. And enjoy the journey.