1100s are easy to shoot, less easy to keep shooting. I was given a brand new one on my 16th b'day. I terrorized doves and quail with it at first, then over a few years bought two more barrels for it and used it for ducks and deer, back when we used to run deer with dogs. Then, I began to shoot sporting clays with it. I had learned how to maintain a 1100, but they will sustain just so many rounds, then they are toast, and will need extensive repairs to keep them going. I shot mine at sporting until the magazine tube gave up the ghost and came out of the action. Sent it off to be resoldered, and reblued. Shot it at sporting some more until magazine tube came out again. Had it repaired again and put it in the safe, where it resides ...........retired.

They are fine for occasional rounds of clays, but they will not hold up to really hard use, in my opinion based on my experience. In their favor, they are one of the easiest guns to shoot well that I have ever found. By well, I mean a high percentage of hits to shots fired. But, maybe mine just fit me well enough.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.