Originally Posted by L. Brown
How about something like this:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ot-imp-cyl-mod.cfm?gun_id=101418699#lg-1

The Miroku OU's (and sxs as well, if you don't mind being odd man out and shooting a sxs at SC) are very reliable and very good buys on the used market. Likewise, you might also pick up either an Ithaca-imported SKB or a Citori, older versions without choke tubes. You will struggle to find anything longer than 28" barrels, and chokes will often be M/F which you'll want to open some for targets. I have no problem shooting 100 sporting clays with 16ga sxs that weigh 6 1/2# or less, although that's mostly with 7/8 oz reloads, using some 1 oz factory loads for longer targets. Any of the guns I recommended above will work fine for you all day shooting 1 oz 12ga target loads.

SKB SxS are being bought by cowboy shooters who then have the barrels chopped, the action slicked up and sometimes convert the inertia trigger to mechanical triggers. I doubt there are going to be very many inexpensive SxS SKB's to be found.

For a new SxS under $1000, I think the entry level CZ is about the only SxS. I've seen them as low as $599 + sales tax and I was impressed at the build quality on the one I bought. Certainly far better than a Stoeger or used Stevens 311, which are the only other inexpensive SxS I've seen recently. I do think that the CZ double might be a little light for sporting clays or any other shooting sport where you might fire 100+ shells a day.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.