Mr. Roberts is right, a $700 gun would be torture. I've got an 870 express or two (certainly heavy enough) I could use but I am afflicted by the two tube thing here as well. I'm also a southpaw, which further complicates things. I did manage to locate my old Pacific rotary press (366?) that my elk hunting buddy used for the Boy Scouts. All that remains is finding the rolling ingredients which seem to be in short supply as well these days. Old Brownings and Rugers aside, there seems to be lots of options as I cast my eye over the vastness of the internet. I haven't even begun to troll through the few used guns shops we have here. It's fun to have something to look for so I'll enjoy the process. Not sure that time is exactly on my side, but I'm in no hurry. I suppose that once I get the gun, I'll need a cart too, and perhaps some of the lovely attire?

Mr. Fox: Before Wright & McGill took over there was the Goodwin Granger company, and those fly rods dominate my arsenal here (along with a few select Heddons). I even have an Edward's quad just to keep things diverse. I've owned a number of older Hardy reels (& still have a bunch of the newer ones) but have settled on pre-war (30s) Pfluegers to keep my blue collar cane in good company. I even use silk lines on occasion. Fly fishing in Colorado has suffered from all of the growth along the Front Range to the point where I now mostly go to Wyoming. My problem is that I remember how good it used to be.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 04/12/21 10:57 AM.