Fab500 translation; Eclair = Flash; Foudre = Lightning...thus "Flash of Lightning" ("Eclair de Foudre") = the in-house proof stamp for La Manu

Response from Argo44:

Il y a aussi un "coup de foudre," un état souvent trouvé en France, particulièrement pendent le printemps. Comme moi quand J'ai rencontre ma femme (française - Lyonaise) il y a plus de 40 ans.
(There was also a "love at first sight," a state often found in France, especially during Spring..like me when I met my French-Lyon wife 40 years ago)

Donc, le poinçon pour numéro de modèle "8E..." dans le livre sur La Manu - (PT 2 couronnes - foudres) - n'est pas pour le chambre, mais, plutôt, est indicatif d'en "éprouve en état de livraison" - ca va vous dire ces fusil de La Manu aurait eu ce poinçon 1923-39?
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Thus, the stamp for model number 8E... in the book Manufrance - (PT 2 couronnes - foudres) - was not for the chambers, but instead was indicative of an "in-house proof"...- that is to say that the guns of Manufrance would have had that stamp from 1923 -39?

Merci infinitement, Fab....peut être vous pourriez être intéressé en cette ligne, ou nous avons conclu que les poinçons pour les chambres des fusils de chasse fabrique à Saint-Étienne étaient en cm de 1889 a jus après Juin 1912. (Selon les cannons fabrique par Didier-Drevet qui avaient une date): Sa permis un peut la comprehension du date de fabrication des fusil de cette période.
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=484199
(Thanks much, Fab..Perhaps you might find this line interesting, where we concluded that the stamps for the chambers of shotguns made in Saint-Etienne were in CM from 1889 to just after June 1912. (Per the barrels made by Didier-Drevet which were dated): This permitted a bit the understanding of the date of fabrication of guns from that period)

s'il vous plait excuse mon français

Gene Williams

(Voila les vrais "éclairs de foudre"- smile ). (Here are the true "chocolate eclairs from the vat" - a pun on the above "eclair de foudre" - flash and lightning)
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Last edited by Argo44; 04/16/21 10:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch