I stockpiled during Trumps term. Wish I did more and hope I am set for this term of Sleepy Joe. But prices are insane. What I bought for $20,000.00 would now bring almost $80-100,000.00. Primers are just out of sight and people are still buying them. Metallic cartridges, in some calibers, are a buck or more each, for stuff which was .50 each last year. .22 ammo is once again costing like center fire ammo. Only shot seems to be holding steady and that is most likely because people can not find stuff to reload it with. And panic buying is causing people to buy every drop of powder just in case they can use it. You can smoke in most gun shop powder isles and not risk anything other than cancer. Shelves are bare.

I do not see ammo makers being able to or willing to increase the production to bring prices down. Why build extra capacity and risk flooding the market only to then having to shutdown that new production? No matter what we do this shortage of stuff will be here for a year or two more at the minimum. Next time, when prices return to normal pick a few special items and stock up because I do not think this is the last time we will see this.