Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Sorry Aaron, but there really is a split second's difference with an O/U, getting on target for the second shot, when you shoot the bottom barrel first. That's the reason Perazzis that don't have a selective trigger are set up to shoot the bottom barrel first. Sometimes a split second's advantage is enough.

I can’t say in actual practice shooting clays and birds the theoretical advantage of an O/U allowing you to acquire and obliterate a second target quicker has ever presented itself. Just today I shot 5rnds of skeet using my full/full Greener Empire and five other accomplished shooters, all shooting target o/u models from Krieghoff and Kolar. I hung with the best shooter there, but with the quickest second shots on doubles. All breaks close together just on my side of the center stake. Obviously a lot of that comes from hold point, break point, timing, practice, reaction time, etc... While I used to shoot A LOT, I was never competitive. I don’t consider myself to be some shotgun prodigy. Nevertheless with my double trigger SxS, I wasn’t able to “catch” the supposed downfalls of a SxS.

Maybe a master class or Olympic level shooter doing international skeet?

For ME, the benefits you state above about an o/u I deem theoretical. I’ve shot plenty with o/u’s too.

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Mineola, TX
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044