Well, to be fair to our DNR folks, I'd sent a scathing text to the only place on their system where I could earlier tonight and somebody actually answered it. Long story short, they fixed their "new" system enough for me to get his application in with less than an hour to spare. I had a rather long, drawn-out email conversation with this fellow (even asking to do it by phone) but....he fixed it online. No call necessary. I must admit that I'm pleasantly surprised and a bit shocked by it all. Nothing in my other recent interactions (last year or so) with any other State agencies have gone nearly this well.

Now I guess we'll see how the "new" draw system actually works. I have two buddies who study this process every year (ones a geophysicist, the other's an electrical engineer) for weeks before we even attempt to apply for a tag anymore. God help us! All that's needed in that group is the addition of a tax attorney to assist with some of the twists and turns of the process requirements. We used to buy and then study the data from previous year's draw results and actual points required for determining what we might actually have a shot at, but none of that data is pertinent anymore with the "new " system dates and changing hunt codes (including new RFWs from now-defunct older ones). My "consiglieres" even set up a spreadsheet every year with all of the options we need to consider before we apply, can you believe that? You really have to want to hunt here, very badly.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 04/06/21 09:26 PM.