I own two, a 10 gauge (R-10) and a 12 gauge (P-19).The stocks tend to feel short for the measured length of pull. Many of them have way too much drop, but if you can find one with modern dimensions, they are a pleasure to use. Most seem to be relatively light in weight but the action is extremely strong. If you can, check the trigger pulls, as some seem to be very heavy and depending on the model, can be hard to adjust. Most are 2-1/2 inch guns, but that's not a problem if you reload or don't mind paying RST prices.

That sliding breach is a delight: lift the lever and the shells come out of the chambers, then tilt the gun and they drop into your hand.

Prices seem to be all over the map. Depending on grade, you could be talking an $8-900 gun or a $3,500-4,000 (although probably not, with that much wear) gun. You can determine the grade by removing the barrels and looking on the flats. Add 10 to the number of grade markings on the flats (they look sort of like circles).

Be sure you like it before you buy it as they are easier to purchase than to sell.

Ted Schefelbein, who posts here, was the importer for a while and can tell you much more about them. Goeffrey Gournet, the engraver, also works on them, as does J.J. Perodeau, the gunsmith formerly at Champlin Arms.

If you decide to pass on this one and don't mind, I'm looking for a reasonably priced 16 gauge sxs and I'd appreciate the contact information for the seller.