Originally Posted by Replacement
California is clearly missing any notion of a balanced budget being a requirement.

Not a requirement, but no one in gooberment cares because they are taxing us to death. Example: As bad as 2020 was for the economy (mostly because of the pandemic), CA still wound up with a budget surplus of about $19 billion. And that is after the state agencies pissed away something on the order of $31 billion on fraudulent unemployment compensation payments to prison inmates, illegals, dead people, out-of-state residents, and foreigners. State government and most of the state agencies are completely inept, run by thieves and whores (see Gavin Newsom and his Dem minions). And what do they want to do? Increase taxes again. In the most highly taxed state in the nation.

If you are truly dealing with that level of idiocy, (you’ll get no argument from me) might be time to pull up stakes and try it somewhere else.

I have no illusions of trying to live in Minnesota after we are retired. It is corrupt as hell. I have a job here, but, that won’t be forever. My Dad left the east coast to escape the same nonsense, and before he died, he was worried it was time to move, again.

He was right. He just moved on without the moving van, so to speak.

Best,
Ted