I visited Franklin Sports in Athens, GA two weeks ago, and they typically have tons of ammo; but other than 12 gauge steel shot loads and 10-gauge stuff, all they had in stock was 2-3 brands of 28-gauge priced from $14-16/ box.
I spoke with Tom Snyder of RST earlier this week regarding promo shells for the LCSCA and was told their production has been shut down for about two weeks due to inability to get components; this time their shot order, which was supposed to be delivered on that day but had been delayed. I asked if RST would be at the Southern and was told they wanted to, but with backorders to be filled and shortages of components; things didn't look good at the moment. Clearly there's no justification for RST attending if they can't have shells to sell. I spoke with Ed Strickland of Deep River yesterday, and RST and shells availability are a huge concern at the moment; after all, many folks who shoot the Deep River events come from far away/fly in and count on being able to purchase ammo on arrival. As regards exhibitors Ed tells me that, in spite of a few of their regular vendors being unable to attend this year, new vendors have taken those booths and tent space is sold out. He also said that they were engaged in favorable negotiations with two other large vendors, which will require tent space to be expanded should they obtain a firm commitment. So the 2021 Southern should be a great event with new vendors and things to see; but with the shells situation as it is at the moment it might be a good idea to bring your own ammo if you plan to shoot.