[quote=keith

Glacierjohn, I saw that nice original Parker VH you just bought for the Buy-it-Now price. I don't think you would have been so quick to pull the trigger on that purchase if it was an obviously refinished gun, and I think that was a wise decision. Examples like that just are not that common, although a lot of VH Parkers were built. It would have been interesting to see how high it would have went if the auction went full course. You are now the current custodian, and it is up to you whether to keep it in prime original condition, or to alter it or wear it out. If you choose the latter course, you will help to increase the value of the ever smaller pool of unmolested Parkers.[/quote]

My OP was mostly an observation and questioning why. I learned a few things, one, the same rule does apply in Britain but that doesn’t mean they don’t “freshen up” their guns. Regarding that VH, it’s not mint condition just very good condition, which is perfect for me as I expect it to become my daily driver duck hunting gun. I may put a period correct pad on it to lengthen the lop and store the original but plate, I’ll try it on with my duck hunting parka to see if that’s even necessary.

The most controversial thing I’m considering, is opening up that one .45 choke to something closer to .30, what are your thoughts on that? Then I’d have .30 and .35, but backwards. Tighter on right, but ostensibly still full and full. Thoughts?