I want to see the right side of the stock head where he allowed the stock to contact the cutting end of the rotating gun drill bit at 4:47

I'm guessing that left a mark! But maybe he was just in a hurry so he could keep the video short??? Or maybe he was one of those gunsmiths that return your gun with dings and damage it didn't have when it was dropped off.

I was also surprised to see the cutting tip angle ground into the standard fluted pilot bit, and the gun drill bit. They both appear to be ground with angles more suited to boring holes in metal than in hardwood.

This same principle of drilling between centers is covered in various gunsmithing texts. And it can also be accomplished in a drill press. But most bench models will not be tall enough to accommodate the long bit and the stock or stock blank, along with the centering pin held in the vise. Obviously, an extra set of hands, or at least a foot pedal switch is helpful. This is also how the holes for tang screws (or pins) are drilled to come out where they belong.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.