Was just listening to Rod Drehers book, Live Not By Lies, today. And the chapter I ended with was about the invitation of corporate (and government) surveillance and input into our lives in the form of phones, smart speakers, internet searches, etc. (I e the wolf isn't at the door, he's in your pocket).

It's a good book so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in the soft totalitarianism of the radical left. (My only criticism of the book so far is that Mr Dreher seems to maybe miss the also real threat of totalitarianism of the extrene right, granting that that threat is not as present at the moment. In my view, the problem with both varieties of extremism is the willingness to accept as true only those things that reinforce what they already believe and to be willing to prepetrate violence of one kind or another on those who do not accept their ideas as sacrosanct and infallible).

Anyway, my only point in the reply above was that this Pandora thing turns out not to be a case of Big Brother sneaking into the bathroom so much as the Nanny State treating us like snowflakes who need to be reminded to "turn that damn music down or you'll hurt your ears!"

Last edited by Woodreaux; 01/27/21 11:49 PM.

Jim