I bought an AYA No. 2 about six years ago at Cabella's. It was made in 1995. The first time I had it out, it misfired from the second barrel and on a grouse coming straight towards me. It turned out that the firing pins were not hardened properly, if at all. The repaired gun was returned with the original pins which looked like back dog legs. I am guessing that is the reason why the gun was sold by the previous owner. It now has hardened pins and was also stripped and cleaned in the process. The gunsmith (Jim Eyster) said it look almost perfect, internally. I have had no problems with the No. 2 since then.

I am really not a fan of Spanish guns but I will say that is a beautiful gun to shoot and carry: 28 bore, 28 in. tubes and with my exact stocking dimensions. Those dimensions, along with its weight of 5 1/2 pounds (most are 6 pounds, or more in 28 bore) are what induced me to buy the gun in the first place. A great bird gun, overall, for the money ($4K, plus $130 for new pins and cleaning).