David responds best to a telephone call in the morning. He last posted on the Reilly line I believe. I talk to him every couple of months about that research. He is a font of knowledge and of stories of historical characters in the business. Vic Venters talks to him more regularly.

I will say thank goodness he decided to come over to this side of the pond about 1965....he was George Bush 41's preferred gunsmith. (Obversation - possibly erroneous: The British gunsmith trade even in the 1950's-60's seems to have been very class conscious - and the guys doing the smithing often were "back-roomers" not allowed to talk to gentlemen customers. David escaped that).

I've recommended to Diggory that he interview David for VintageGunJournal....Diggory is posting a series on noted gun makers still alive in UK....but also recommended that he write out questions for David to answer. Started out as a Purdey apprentice working a foot-lathe. Came over to Chicago to work basically for a film-flam artist then struck out on his own. Founded a school for disabled Vietnam Veterans to teach them gunsmithing. Prolific author and worked for years on Parkers although he thinks there are a b***ch to deal with. First wife - statuesque beautiful American Indian. Has a daughter by another wife in Louisiana.

He is a man who has clearly marched to the sound of a different drum!! Each time I talk to him, I keep a note pad handy. This generation is fading into the past but at least David has written a lot of his knowledge. "If it isn't written, it didn't exist.

Last edited by Argo44; 01/12/21 03:34 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch