You werent paying attention, I guess. I pointed out your gun wasnt proofed at the proof house in St. Etienne. Further, the mark Raye is really incorrect. It is Raye Supra bored. A Manufrance collector might know that by the model number, but, that might not help a guy on an actual cape, trying to use the gun. You dont have to like it, but the information on the flats of your gun is incomplete and inaccurate. The proof marks that go on the gun when it has passed official government proof are easily researched, and never vague. I dont find that to be the case on your gun, and, it would seem you dont, either.

Youre welcome.

If you are going to rely on a dictionary for your definition of what constitutes a cape gun, what do you need this board for? What does your dictionary say an assault rifle is, and, does anyone believe that? Actually, Raimy got it right, better sights would almost have to be part of the equation for someone to consider a gun a cape gun. If it was to truly be versatile that would be a necessity.

I imported a grand total of one slug gun from France, in 20 years of doing that. If there are many interested in them, they werent opening their wallets to show that. Nobody wanted a rifle on one side, or, a double rifle, or Supra rifling, either. I didnt sell that gun to you, either. That gun was regulated with Federal rifled slugs to 70 yards, had actual rifle sights on it (the back one folded down for bird hunting) and put two holes on either side of a 2 black spot on the paper, perhaps a bold inch away from each other. Minute of baseball at 70 yards, not minute of watermelon at 25. The gun was choked IC and MOD, and threw wonderful patterns at normal bird gun range. Load development was done with the ammunition the owner of the gun had easy access to. Seems sensible to me. In fact, that is the only thing I would consider doing, develop the gun around a load. Id love to say the guy who ordered it still had it, but, it went down the road, and nobody ever asked about another.

Enjoy your gun. Not naysaying, either.

Best,
Ted