Originally Posted By: nca225
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Moral Relativism Chris. It's one of the foundational mistakes of the Left.

Either you are in bed with them or you are not. You can't pick and choose. "oh, it serves my interests here, but over here, where it makes no difference, I'll take a stand."

I think that pretty much is the most BS and poorly considered response I think you have ever given CB, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

So lets paint a clear picture here. You think that that since the US government of the late 40's and 50's (elected well before I was born or keith could vote), employed former german scientists of the 3rd Reich because of their knowledge of rocket science to advance our national interest and security, that makes it OK for an individual, in their individual capacity to have dealings with Nazi's, in this case while one is cheering on the killing of jews? Is that what you are getting at?

Does that also mean that since the US government of the late 40's and 50's (elected well before I was born or keith could vote), employed former german scientists of the 3rd Reich because of their knowledge of rocket science to advance our national interest and security, that Nazi's are no longer bad?

Does that also mean that since the US government of the late 40's and 50's (elected well before I was born or keith could vote), employed former german scientists of the 3rd Reich because of their knowledge of rocket science to advance our national interest and security, that the murder of 6 million jews should no longer be of much concern?

Thinking about it some more, does that also mean that since the US government of the 1800s (elected well before I was born or keith could vote), as a policy, invaded the land of, killed and or confined its original occupants to reservations, that now, should one want to have their neighbor's property they can do the same? The US government did it to those people, so why can't we do it to these people?

Laughable Chris.

Is there any evidence Keith has been cheering for the killing of Jews? Is there any evidence Keith bought anything from an avowed anti Semite Nazi who supported Hitler's final solution? You are doing to Keith what I am always bitching at him about....making unsubstantiated leaps to impugn motive or belief.

Not for a second did my comment suggest the US government stopped thinking Nazis were bad or that 6 million murdered Jews were no longer a concern. And the application of those wild leaps to the indigenous situation is beyond foolish.

The point my comment makes is that the US in it's infinite wisdom decided to move on at the end of WWII. They looked at their utterly vanquished foes, learned the lessons of the Treaty of Versailles, and set about building Japan and German up again, in a different mold. A policy that, 75 years on, seems to have worked extremely well. In doing so, they held those most responsible to account but let the vast majority of people in those countries move forward with their lives.

Were there those who continued to support Nazism? Sure there were. Did they live among us? Sure they did. But so did communists who you don't hold to account for the Holomodor. Who you don't hold to account for the Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward. Regimes and philosophies that made the Nazis look like amateurs when it comes to killing.

Your regular attacks on Keith as a Nazi sympathizer are both stupid (you have no evidence) and hypocritical (you support philosophical stances that killed far more in the 20th century and continue to do so to this day).

Pick a different bat to beat Keith about with, if you can find one. This one only looks bad on you.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia