Originally Posted By: OldMaineWoodsman
nca225:

Ill tell you what, heres a challenge. Go through my last post paragraph by paragraph. Offer some evidence (not talking points, fact based evidence) or an alternative point to prove what I wrote is inaccurate or simply false.

No insults, attacks, or name calling allowed. No mentioning Trump. Write your counter-points not as a liberal or democrat but as a fellow American citizen.

Its called civil, respectful debate. Can you do it?

Your turn,

Here's what I am getting at Woodsman.. I'll stipulate to what you have as Biden's plans on gun control. While I don't agree with that particular policy, it occurs to me that I am more aligned with the policies of the Democratic platform the I am with the GOP's.

To wit:

I am uncomfortable trading a women's right to do what she wants with her body so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy.

I am uncomfortable trading a persons right to cohabitate and marry whoever they wish so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy.

I am uncomfortable trading a transgendered child's right to live free from harassment so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy.

I am uncomfortable trading the well being of the environment so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy. - This actually does more to serve my hunting as well, because the mass migration that will eventually be caused by climate change is going to effect more then just humans and if there is no game around to shoot, then whats the point having a gun to shoot them?

I am uncomfortable trading the established scientific method so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy.

I am also reluctant to expose myself to predatory banking, lending or investment practices so that I can possess whatever firearm I may fancy.

I do hope that you see where my point was and that this clears it up for you.

Last edited by nca225; 01/01/21 03:03 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum