Central Pennsylvania is where I grew up, where my dad's family has been since the early 1700s, and where I moved back to in 1998 after a hallucinatory stint as a Washington, DC bureaucrat. We love it here, though I am spending more and more time at our hunting camp in northcentral PA, which is especially rural and undeveloped, with lots of public land by East Coast standards. Most of the state is pretty rural, blue collar, and traditional. E.g. many of my hunting buddies are registered Democrats, while I am well to the right of the Republican Party establishment, and we all get along just fine. Central PA has a very high quality of life (for people who like rural life) and a very low cost of living. All kinds of other considerations abound for people over sixty, I guess, of which I am not yet one. But it is for now still a very gun-friendly state, despite unceasing attempts by the Left to turn PA into a NJ, MD, or NY. We do not have the small game numbers/ opportunities that big western states have, and we do have a boat load of hunters, though this also seems to be changing as the Boomers' knees age. Although I always dreamed of living in rural Alaska or Maine, the truth is I am very happy here.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life